Project Occupy Beach Street initiatives temporarily close streets to automobile traffic so that people may use them for healthy and fun physical activities like walking, jogging, biking dancing and social activities.
1. To promote Penang as an eventful tourist destination.
2. To uplift the business growth in Georgetown area.
3. To create a safe platform for the public to view the Heritage area.
4. To popularize the idea of healthy living.
5. To emphasise the importance of social interaction.
7. To introduce and promote local creation.
Project Occupy Beach Street is in conjunction with Penang Car Free Day. The area around Beach Street in George Town will be and closed and dedicated to the public every Sunday from 7am-1pm. Exciting activities ranging from heritage discovery walk, sports, games, performances and many more are awaiting for you to explore!
The weekly cultural, art & crafts market will be occupied part of Beach Street too, so shop yourself silly for local accessories, souvenirs, handmade products and more. Join us and share the fun of PENANGITES!
@ @ @ @
Endorsed by: Penang State Government & Municipal Council of Penang Island/Majlis Perbandaran Pulau Pinang (MPPP)
Supported by: Penang Global Tourism (PGT) & Penang Green Council (PGC)
Organized by: Today Lifestyle Marketing
Co-organized by: LUMA & The Whiteaways Acrade
Location: Lebuh Pantai, Lebuh Bishop, Lebuh Gereja & Gat Lebuh Gereja
Date: Every Sunday
Time: 7:00AM – 1:00PM